Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Becky's Thought of the Month


Its funny how random memories pop into your head at any given time. You may be going through a box and one single item that you see such as a baseball may remind you of a time years ago when you held that ball for the first time not ever wanting to let it go. Or maybe you might find a letter or picture that takes you back to your elementary days flooding your head with thoughts you have not had for years and years and years. Even performing a task such as organizing a drawer can take you back to when you were organizing your first apartment. I have had thoughts pop into my head due to smells that remind me of places and people. Those usually take me a minute to figure out but in the end for me smells are the most potent of reminders… ha ha (Sorry had to laugh at my own joke). I love memories. They are a good part of what forms us into the people we are. They are what allows us to hold on to a pleasant instance for a lifetime. Imagine what the world would be like if you did not have memories. You would make the same mistakes over and over again. You would forget a loved one the instant he/she is taken out of your life. I am thankful for my memories. And I am thankful to all those who have helped me form them. And I can not wait to make many many more.

2 comments:

  1. Memories are a wonderful thing and smells I think are one of the senses that can really bring them back. One that I like is songs on the radio from years back and you can almost remember the moment or something that it brought to mind. Do you remember when we visited for Christmas in Oregon and the whole family did the Nativity? I think that there are some pictures floating around of that.

    Take care
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that! I also remember you guys making black eyed peas and we ate them with chips for new years that same year! i sure do love you guys.

    ReplyDelete