Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Change for the Better

As most of you know our family has moved to Lindon. We had not planned on moving this summer but as we were window shopping for a house just for kicks, we stumbled upon our new house. At first we did not pursue it. But it seemed to remain in the back of our minds as if to say, “You want me, you need me”. Curtis and I were not looking for anything fancy. We wanted a nice home, in a nice location, with plenty of parking for Curtis, and horse property for Me. We set up a time to see it and within 3 days we made a huge decision to go ahead and buy the place. This made both of us a bit nervous because owning two homes was new to us. Would our place in Eagle Mountain rent quickly enough?? The answer to that question is yes. Within two weeks of me posting our quaint home in E.M. it was rented to a nice family.

Our new home is about perfect for us! It is a modestly sized home on about a half of an acre of land located at the end of a dead end street. A little less than half of the property is simply a pasture for animals. The other half is a well groomed well maintained large yard in which the house sits upon. The garage is extra wide and deep and has a lot of cupboard space for Curtis. He will of course improve it and make it even better. There is also a large gravel driveway to the side of the house that has ample parking space for the cruiser, truck, trailer, and Jeep. And most importantly there is no HOA. The house has just enough room for our family. The kitchen is much better than the last one I had and actually has enough cupboard space for all my kitchen gadgets. The home also comes equipped with three fireplaces including the one that is in the master bedroom.

Now all the details of the house are fine and dandy, but when it comes down to it when buying a house the location is the key to happiness. I have always said, you can always change a house but you cannot change the location. Our location is prime. We live in a very peaceful neighborhood with great people. Everyone has been more than kind to us and the street is quiet and tranquil. And in my opinion, the best thing about this area is all the hobby farms that surround us. Our neighbor to the right of us breeds miniature horses and pygmy goats. She also has a few other animals such as chickens, horses, a donkey, and a pony. My neighbors behind me have three gorgeous horses, which include Misty the Palomino, Breeze the Arabian, and Ace the 22-23 year old mix (He died a week ago L ). Other neighbors of ours have cows, sheep, more horses, and other random animals. In the evening as you sit on the porch and stare at Timpanogos Mountain you hear neighs, snorts, doodle doos, bleats, and whatever the sound game birds make. I think I am finally somewhere that I would not mind staying put and raising my kids and growing old with my sweetheart.

Anyway here are a few pics of the animals that I get to love! And thanks again to all the neighbors around us for being so amazing! I finally feel like I am home.

This is one of the baby miniature horses.

This is Cookies and Cream the Donkey

A Quarter Horse and her baby, and the other I know is part mustang...

The kids with one of the baby goats. Isn't he cute!

Mom and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment