Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Glacier

Oh the miserable heat. Oh what seemed like the eternal construction sites. But then there were the pretty mountains and the vast Montana blue sky... until it turned grey and pelted rain down toward the earth like an angry mob.

Can you blame me for being grumpy? I was hot, tired, and gosh darn it my hair was all sorts of messed up from the incessant wind whipping at my face.

Yes Mom tried to console me. But it was not enough.

Oh look, there is Dad. Have not seen him for a while. Been in the world of the back seat for way too long. Good to see you Dad. Please get us there a little faster. We are going where again? Oh yeah a place called Montana.

 This park cost how much to get in?? $25! We better make our time count! But ummm... Mom, I think Jace is stinky.

And  I've been meaning to tell you. I'm stinky too. Say what??!!

 You only have one diaper on you!!! Well at least its one of mine! Feels good to be dry. You better go and find a good soul willing to part with one of their diapers for the sake of my brothers discomfort since there are no stores around. Ah I see you found one... looks a little small. You are going to do what? You are going to put my clean dry diaper on Jace who is two sizes bigger and put me in a size two which is one size too small... uggg fine. It is what it is, but you owe me one!

 Ok... I can see why people are willing to pay to get into this park... it is pretty.

 But do you have to hug the Cedar Trees? No wonder why dad calls all of you weird! I swear Sagey is turning into a mini mom!

 I just seem to go from one sitting place to another... I think I might as well take a nap.

 I mean what could I miss? Could the water get any prettier? Maybe it could.

 I'm sure my brothers and sister will tell me all about it.

 So this is what we hiked for 1.5 hours to get to.  This is what Ashton tripped and fell like a ball of lead for three times. Avalanche Lake is what they call it huh. And they say it will be gone in how many years? Well good thing we hiked to it then.

 Dad says you can put your feet in the water but you can't fall and get wet. Well there goes Ashton he fell. Called that one! Good thing he has at least an hour+ to dry off.

 Oh look. Some wildlife on the lake. Well we better get back. What?? Jace gets my seat on the way back to help speed things up? Well at least I get mom. Ummph, I can't believe mom just tripped and fell while holding me in her arms. Good thing she is a graceful faller. Other than skinned up shins and some bruises on her legs you would have never known she fell. I did not even cry because I had no reason to. Guess I have to go with Dad now who will carry me on his front while Jace is on his back... but I'm not happy with it. I think I will cry. Why is Dad hiking so fast!? I can't see mom anymore! Ah well I think I will follow the example of my brother Jace and fall asleep.

 Back in the car. Oh look a goat!

 Look at that view. I feel so small.

 I think I will fall asleep in the car again. I know mom will stay with me while the others go and look at  a few more things.

 I mean what could I miss?

 Other than a bighorn sheep stopping traffic so everyone can gawk at it. But hey, we have those in Utah. And guess what they are just as unintelligent in Montana as they are in Utah. Silly thing was practically in the road just like you find them in American Fork Canyon!

Ahhh the end of a day. Back at the rental. Free at last to sit on my own unrestrained and hang out with my favorite sister. What a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment