Sunday, July 7, 2013

Daddy's Girl

I know this is a bit late... I should have had my fathers day post written a long time ago... but something that happened recently made my will and desire to write to almost cease completely. However my sweet husband in his unique way convinced me to pick it up again. So I have a bit of catching up to do since a lot has happened since June 16th.

First I have to pay tribute to the fathers in my life since they are just as important as the mothers in my life.

Anyone who reads my blog already knows what I think of my husband as a father. So I will not go into detail choosing to keep the focus on MY Dads. But I do thank you dear husband for always trying your best and always putting your family first above your own interests. You are amazing.

My Dad


Let me start off with my Dad, Doran Wilde. I like to describe my dad as a James Bond with a twist of Homer Simpson in him. My father is very likable and socially suave. And although he does not always appear to be very smart due to his goofiness and humor, he is actually insanely intelligent. He is in my eyes simply a big soft, sweet teddy bear who loves me unconditionally.

My Daddy always was the one to push me in education. If he saw that I was falling short he was sure to let me know, and would help redirect me in a more positive direction. It is because of my Dad that I went into Biology. He saw I had a natural talent for it and encouraged me to pursue it. He also sets a great example of self educating yourself. He seems to always be reading a book about something and he is always learning.

My father has a huge heart. He has taught me what it means to truly care for others, forgive others, and feel for others. I have never met a man who was more capable of loving the way my dad does. You can tell that his love is unconditional and will never cease once he gives it to you.

My father taught me the importance of being financially responsible. At a fairly young age my Dad brought me to the bank and helped me open my own account. He taught me that just because you have money does not mean you need to spend it. He was the one who taught me to also be generous with my money helping others out when needed. If my dad ever loaned me money he would never expect to be repaid. That way if I never did repay him, there was never any hard feelings. Of course being raised to be financially responsible I paid my loans back, but his example of generosity always touched me.

My father has been a great spiritual leader in my family. He taught me the importance of scriptures, attending all your church meetings, and following what the Gospel teaches you. I can not remember my father ever staying home on a Sunday instead of going to church. Such a great example.

I love my father. I would not trade him for any other Dad in the world. I feel truly blessed to be his daughter.

Dad Peterson


Jay Peterson is a man of peace. I have watched him carefully over this past decade and I found that he was always the man to do what he new was right. Dad Peterson is as steady as a rock on a sturdy foundation. He knows the Gospel of Christ and believes it with his whole being. And you can tell he believes in Christ, because he radiates a good spirit at all times.

Jay has always been such a great example of kindness. He has the sweetest tone in his voice when he speaks to people. Even when he is upset his voice is kept low. I do not think I have ever heard the man yell. I think that everyone could learn from his example of treating others as you would want to be treated.

Dad Peterson is a very hard worker. The man never idles. Its rare that I ever see him simply watch TV. If he is watching TV, he is either taking a nap or getting caught up on paper work that needs to be done. In this world of men who waste a lot of time, its good to see a man who values time as he does.

Jay is an amazing man with a lot of great qualities. But the one thing that stands out the most is how much he loves his sweetheart. Dad would do anything for Mom and always seems to have his heart set on pleasing her and keeping her happy and healthy. His concern for her is touching. His desire to protect her and provide for her is heart warming. Such a great example of how to treat an eternal companion. Thanks Dad.

Dad Dudley

I have not know my third Dad for long. And I am still getting to know him. But one thing I know is he has raised 5 good kids. I know that he is the reason my husband is such an honest, loyal, and dependable fellow.

Dad Dudley has worked hard his entire life. And when he chooses to put his heart into something he puts his heart and soul into it. And when he chose to have a family you can tell that is exactly what he did. He gave up everything to do what was best for his family. Even if that meant that his personal projects went on hold (You will get that car restored one day Dad!!). Such a great example of putting others in front of himself.

Darrel is a very honest and loyal man. He is always upfront with everyone that he meets and if you are a family, friend, or stranger in need he would drop anything to do you a favor or lend a helping hand. Whenever Curtis needs his fathers help, he is over at our house as soon as he is able to get there. I believe that my husband is so service oriented because of the example his Dad was for him.

Darrel is a great example of humility. He never boasts or brags. He often times gives credit to everyone else but himself. He especially gives credit to Heavenly father. You can tell the he holds the Gospel dear and KNOWS that it is true. And if he makes a mistake he is always willing to take responsibility for that mistake and ask for forgiveness. I wish more men in this world were less prideful and more humble like Dad Dudley. Thanks Dad Dudley for raising such a fine husband for me. I will forever be in your debt.

Fathers hold a great importance in a family structure. And I am thankful for all the fathers I have had. They have made such a difference in my life and I am glad to know each and every one of them.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment