Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ashton and Easter

So what do Ashton and Easter have in common? Well their special day was celebrated within 48 hours of each other. And since I honestly don't have a ton to say about either of those days I figured I would combine the blog. Yep typical Becky move there.

Ashton turned 6! He is getting crazy big. He is slowly maturing and quickly getting taller. This year he asked to have a pirate friend party instead of a family party. So out the invites went and on March 29th we had 11 kids over! We played games, ate cake, and opened presents. Then after the party a few of the kids stayed for another 2 hours simply playing. And finally we let Ashton choose a place to go out to eat as a family. Ashton had a blast! And so did his mom:). Here are the pics.


Note: I swear kids don't like cake anymore. Before I showed what the cake looked like 3 of the kids declined cake. Once they saw that it was a cool cake they wanted it simply for that reason. As for finishing their cake only my kids and one other finished their cake. All the others ate maybe half of their cake. When I was a child, cake was a very special treat. And I would always eat all of it. Cake is no longer appreciated for one reason or another :(. And I make all my cakes by scratch and they are dangerously delicious. At least Ashton enjoyed it and I guess that is what really counts.

Easter was fun! Even though Curtis was out till 2AM the previous night trying to find someone who had gone missing on the lake, we were up bright and early and at my parents house by 9am for a great Easter breakfast. We had quiche, cinnamon rolls,  fruit, tarts, and a few other things. I really do love hanging out with my family. Love them tons.

Later on that day we went to church, came home, gave the kids a few treats, had a puzzle Easter egg hunt (this mom is candied out), and took pictures. And even later that day we headed over to the Dudley's for dinner. And now the pictures.

Ashton was trying to mimic his very cool uncle Bon with the I'm too cool for you looks and poses.
Jace was really not that into egg hunting. He was more interested with the planes that were flying over his head at the time.
Ashton found quite a few eggs:)
We make the kids consolidate all their eggs so they could be divided out fairly... They were all color coordinated so Curtis knew what was in each egg.
Ryker sat on the side lines for this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment