Monday, August 13, 2012

I think I can- Becky's Pregnancy

Less than two months to go... Right now the baby is hiccuping inside of me. I would love to tell you that I'm loving these last few months but really I am not. Its fun to feel baby move inside of me up until he jabs me in the hip or ribs. My back has been progressively getting achier and achier due to the added weight gain. I get an occasional sharp painful cramp when I try and do too much. I waddle like a duck when I walk. To get out of bed I have to gain momentum by rocking back and forth on my back often failing at my attempt and tumbling back into bed and then just simply rolling out of bed landing half on my knees and using the nightstand to prop myself up. My energy level has dropped through the floor making it hard for me to actually get much accomplished. I've developed these funny spots on my arm the doctor might think is related to dilated blood vessels... Occasionally my heart speeds up, my pressure drops, and I become dizzy and nauseated. Doc says I need to take my pulse and if it ever gets above 120 he wants to put a heart monitor on me halter style and have me walk around with that for a week or two. Cleaning my house has become even more of a chore. I find that its easier if I just pick things up on my hands and knees without getting up and down. I hate getting myself dressed in the morning because most of my clothes are winter pregnancy clothes and those maternity summer outfits that fit me in my second trimester I have out grown in my third... but I don't want to go out and buy more because this is after all my last kid. I could go on... but I think you all get the jist of what I am trying to say. The fact is pregnancy is no fun for me. One more month to go before I am free of this pregnant body of mine for the rest of my life. Then I will have my newborn baby boy to cuddle and spoil as my final child. I will be moving on to another stage of my life... maybe I should be thankful to be pregnant. To feel this little critter inside of me. To witness and be a part of the miracle of reproduction for the last time. Now I feel a little sad to know I will never be pregnant again... Don't pay attention to me, its the pregnancy brain talking. I can tell you this out of certainty. I love this baby inside of me just as much as I love my other three babies. No matter how it makes me feel physically or emotionally, I am thankful to be able to even have children. So I guess what I am saying is although I am physically miserable, I am happy.

The End

1 comment:

  1. I love you Becky!! I wish I could help relieve your pain, because I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete