Monday, April 9, 2012

"He came back to life mom!"

Easter Morning came faster than both Curtis and I wanted it to come. The night before we were both up late helping the kids color eggs and getting ready for Easter. To add to things, Jace had been up the night before crying for one reason or another around 4am. We both had a hard time getting back to sleep. So when the alarm went off at 7:45 we both dragged our feet getting out of bed. We did however make it to church. Barely...

The kids were given knew church clothes. Sage got a dress that suited her beautifully, and we gave Ashton a brand new blue colored shirt and yellow tie. Jace got nothing... but I don't think he cared :).

I decided this year not to focus so much on the Easter Bunny. In fact I actually told the kids that I, Mom, was responsible for all the candy, giving the Easter Bunny absolutely no credit. Then I asked the kids if they knew what Easter was really about. Sage was quick to tell me that it was about Jesus Christ and his resurrection. Ashton needed a bit more explanation. So I reminded him that Jesus died for all mankind. Then I asked him if he knew what happened after he died. He shouted out with excitement, "He came back to life mom!" I loved how excited he was... I always tend to remember his resurrection with reverence... but why not be excited. It is an exciting thing if you think about it! Because of what He did, we are able to return to Heavenly Father one day again. That is pretty exciting!

After our Church services, we headed over to my parents house in Orem. We had a great meal and enjoyed each others company. Later that day my brother Andy came over to let us know he was engaged to Mary Beth! Yay for both of them. And then we hid candy and eggs for all the kids and let them have a little Easter egg hunt.

Life really is good for our family. We truly have been blessed with everything that we need... And I an truly grateful for Jesus Christ the son of God. Without him I think my life would feel empty even with all my earthly possessions and blessings. He gives me a purpose that is beyond the superficial meaning of our short life here on this Earth. Happy Easter everyone.

Ashton, Tallie, and Sage
Ashton, Sage, Tallie, and Jace
More of the kids
While we were hiding the eggs Jace fell helplessly asleep in Uncle Bon's arms. So this his how he spent his first Easter Egg hunt. Later my mom put candy in both of his hands as he slept. It was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment