Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 16, 1979


 April 16th, 1979. I myself had not even taken my first breath of air. And as I lived my life I had no idea how important that date would become to me. For 29 years I took that day for granted treating it as any other spring day. I wonder what I did on each one of those 29 days and I wonder what was on my mind...

On this wonderful life changing date, my husband was born. He was the first of 5 children in the Dudley family. He was born and raised in Orem. I on the other hand was born in Portland but moved to Orem when I was 15 years old. We both attended Mountain View High school... however just as I came of age to start MVHS, Curtis was forced to transfer to another high school. If he had been able to remain at Mountain View, would our paths have crossed? Would those same intense eyes have caught my more humorous smiling eyes? Who knows. All I know is I thank God every day for giving me my husband Curtis Dudley. I probably don't deserve him, but I am infinitely grateful that I have him by my side.

Happy Birthday Curtis. My world is so much brighter now that I have you in it.

Warning: Sappy blog may cause severe warm fuzzies, possible rolling of the eyes, or may even cause a "I just threw up in my mouth a little" episode. Becky will not take responsibility for any such symptoms. She can not help it. She was born that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment