Sunday, September 29, 2013

Time for Individual Updates! Yay!


So in the summer I actually started writing up a bunch of updates and never finished them due to my crazy life with 4 small children. That and I was trying to get some videos to add to them but getting my older kids to sit down for 3 minutes is nearly impossible. Now these so called updates are all old news and outdated. So i figured I would do one at a time to fit my schedule better.

We will do this randomly and start with Ashton.

Ashton is in 1st grade this year. He has his good and bad days. Sometimes he likes school, other times he finds it to be boring and the kids to be mean. Having said that, Ashton can be overly sensitive.  I have to remind him on a daily basis not to take things too seriously and to look for the positive in all situations. Even though he may not always love school, Ashton does well and seems not to struggle in any way. He easily memorizes his spelling words and math seems to come easy to him. He is working on increasing his speed of getting assignments done. He likes to take his time on nearly everything. Not because he does not know how to do it, but because he likes to do it carefully and neatly.

Ashton is the tease of the family. He is ALWAYS teasing his sister and younger brothers. Mom does not like the fact he teases them because she has to hear about it all the time. But Ashton likes to giggle and laugh and loves to get a good reaction especially from Sage.

Friends are important to Ashton. He loves to play with the neighborhood kids and looks for every opportunity to head over to the neighbors houses.

Recently we got a Clavinova so we could start piano lessons for Sage. Surprisingly enough Ashton has actually taken interest in piano himself and has more of a knack for it at 6 than Sage does at 9. Although I guess I am not too surprised. When Ashton was a baby he would kick in his bouncer to the beat of the music.

I have been encouraging Ashton to continue to figure out who he is. He still heavily depends on his sister to define himself. I will continue to find things I can enroll Ashton in so that he can find a hobby that fits him well and that he likes. I have noticed as of late that Ashton is very good building intricate structures out of blocks. So maybe he will be an architect! Who knows. It should be interesting to watch Ashton grow up and mature into a young man with goals and dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment