Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jace and Jesus Turn Another year Older

I know... cheesy title but its all I could think of due to lack of sleep:).

Jace turned 2 on the 16th of December. I found a lovely recipe for a Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with a Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting covered in a Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze. If you want the recipe check my Pinterest under good food. It was seriously a heaven sent cake. A little rich but I got past that quickly seeing how my super powers include being able to eat incredibly rich food without my heart skipping a beat. I am sure this super power will lead to my demise one day.  Anyway, back to Jace and his birthday. Curtis used his hidden artistic skills and decorated the cake creating a scene of a man on a motorcycle riding the highway. Jace loved the cake since he absolutely adores peanut butter, chocolate, and motorcycles. This year he managed to open all his present by himself and he even blew out his candles without assistance and without spitting all over the cake. Yes Jace is quite the talented 2 year old. Overall we had a great day celebrating his birthday.



Christmas was a nice relaxing and fun day. I was really excited for Christmas this year for one reason or another. So I got up really early and ushered the kids upstairs. All the kids loved their presents and we had fun eating all day and gaining our holiday weight. Jace learned about Baby Jesus, the three kings, and the angel this year. Mary and Joseph are still Mom and Dad though... which is understandable. We will work on that next year. Sage and Ashton had a blast playing with all their new spoils. And I got to start on my next stocking for Jace (I hand stitch all my stockings and they take months and months to complete.)


New Years Day was fun. Curtis and I got the opportunity to go on a rare date without the kids and head over to my parents house where my mom had prepared a wonderful French raclette. What is a raclette? Well let me describe it to you! Actually just take a look at this picture.

Each person has a little tray to themselves where they can put whatever they want in it and cook it. Cheese, meats, breads, veggies, mushrooms... the sky is the limit. Than you dump it over a potato and eat it. I absolutely love this style of eating. Mostly because it reminds me of France. After food we played games and then headed home around 10pm where Curtis and I spent a fairly quiet evening alone loving each other while the kids slept soundly in their beds. I would be lying if I said we stayed up till midnight... We did not, but the fireworks did wake us up and Curtis and I gave our traditional half asleep kiss to each other.

As for New Year Resolutions, well We all have a few. Let me share them.

Curtis: Curtis' resolution is to keep me and the family happy.

Becky: Lose my 10 pounds (already lost 3 since the beginning of the year.)
            Be a better person overall including a better mother and wife (I am hard on myself.)

Sage: Get better at her Gymnastics

Ashton: Make new friends

Jace: He has not told me what his are but I would think it has something to do with writing on every imaginable surface their is in my house and collecting every car in existence.

Ryker: Grow and survive his older brothers and sister.

Cassie: Attempt to gain access and be welcomed on mine and Curtis' Bed. Good luck with that Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment