Thursday, January 3, 2013

"I wish I were a Man!"

It was Sunday morning. I had just finished getting all the kids fed, cleaned up, and dressed up for church. I looked at my clock and discovered I had 10 more minutes before I had to load the kids up and head for the chapel. I quickly threw on a dress and stepped into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and saw a head full of half dried frizzy hair that needed to be tamed by product,  blow drying and straightening. Frustrated, tired, and exasperated I yelled to my husband, "I wish I were a Man."  Did those words truly come out of my mouth? Yes, they sure did.

I am a woman. Most days I do not mind being a woman. I love to feel and express my feelings. I love to be romantic and I like a good cry. I prefer dramas over action and thillers and I actually love wearing dresses. I have no issues with asking for advice, help, or directions and find it silly when people waste time on trying to do something on their own when they could simply ask for assistance and get it done 20 times faster. I love shaving my legs, keeping them smooth on a daily basis, and I love having my face framed by long hair.

BUT I also hate shopping especially for myself, prefer to get dirty outside than do a craft inside, and I absolutely abhor the idea of making a scrapbook. My long hair was up in a ball cap for most of my college years and most of my friends including my best friend from college are male. In fact I am very particular about the woman I choose to spend a lot of time with. There are very few woman I consider a best friend. And yes, spending an absurd amount of time trying to get my hair to behave is not my idea of time well spent. However... (going back to why I like being a woman and would make a poor man)... I do love my man. And I do like to appeal to all his senses. So yes I do take the time to do my hair. But do I do my hair every day including a full face of makeup. Heavens no. Its not me to overdue it on any of that stuff. Which is most likely one of the reasons my man does love me.

So do I really want to be a man? No, not really. But sometimes I think it would be nice on those days that being a woman is more of a hassle than not and when what the boys are doing appeals to me far more than what the girls are doing (which happens all the time). I guess you could call me the girliest kind of Tom Boy there is:). Love me for who I am because I'm afraid I am not changing any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are loved for who you are and who you are is one fantastic and unique person! Love you.

    Uncle Ron

    ReplyDelete