Monday, July 16, 2012

Home Away from Home

After we were done with visiting all my immediate family at Lincoln Beach we headed up to Bellevue, Washington where my Aunt Ilene and Uncle Richard live. Washington holds a special place in my heart. As a young child my family would head up to Seattle to celebrate Thanksgiving with the whole Wilde Clan every year. When we moved away from Oregon I still yearned to be with my Wilde side and even went as far as purchasing my own ticket one November so that I could be with them. As I have gotten older my draw to Washington has remained. I almost consider it more home than Oregon was even though I lived in Oregon for a good chunk of my life. Washington fits me very well and if I ended up there I would not be disappointed.

When we arrived in Bellevue we were greeted by my aunt and uncle, my cousin Garrett and his family, and Buffy my puppy cousin. The next few days we visited Pikes Market Place, Ivars fish bar, Issaquah's fish hatchery, Snoqualmie Falls, The Crab Pot, and my Grandparents. Jace had a blast with his Puppy Cousin Buffy, and we just enjoyed being in the area. Here are some pics.
Ashton and Buffy (Labradoodle)

Sage and Ashton at Fish Hatchery in Issaquah. We did not see much salmon that day because they were not migrating but we did see a few Fry (smaller baby Salmon) and lots of trout. The kids got to feed them as well.

An old looking gas station in Issaquah that Curtis really liked.

Snoqualmie Falls. You could feel the mist from way up here.

Grandpa Wilde with kids. Jace was playing in the curtains which was not appreciated by Grandma who has just finished telling us that they had been expensive.

Grandma and Grandpa Wilde with kids. I know amazing, they are all smiling! While there the kids weeded some for Grandma and Grandpa and Curtis fixed some doors for them as well. We sure do love these guys! True story.


While we were in Issaquah we ate at the XXX root-bear place. And no its not adult rated. Its just a really neat place that showcases a lot of old cars and has great rootbeer! (http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/) Jace was having a blast dancing to the music.
Here is the clip.


Ilene and Richard were great hosts! We are so thankful for their hospitality! Yet another reason I love Washington. We packed up our bags on Wednesday and started to drive back toward Oregon. It was around Auburn Washington that it occurred to me I was leaving yet again a place that I loved. Wonder when we will return... I hope sooner than later but it most likely wont be for a another few years. So long Washington. Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment