Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two Years ago today


It was a cold icy Sunday afternoon. I told Curtis that I would meet him at his house around 4. I had never met this man Curtis, but had corresponded with him for about a month on a daily basis. We had asked each other many questions both personal and impersonal so I felt like I knew him and I felt like we were friends.

I looked up at the clock. It was already passed four. I needed to hurry and finish up what I was doing so I could get out the door. My phone rang. It was him. Curtis asked where I was. I could tell by his tone that he was annoyed that I had not arrived yet. I thought to myself, "Who does he think he is talking to me in that tone?" I quickly grabbed a warm hat and coat and headed out the door with my Zune.

The drive was not a long one. We lived about 5 minutes from each other. I was still a little on edge from our conversation earlier on the phone. I took a left at the school and took an immediate right after the purple house. I looked for the large yellow Avalanch Truck with Search and Rescue printed on the side. There it was. There he was shoveling his driveway with a flat shovel. He looked different in person than in his pictures... I got out of my car and proceeded to walk toward him. Unexpectedly I was hit with a cold icy snowball. Any resentment from our earlier phone conversation quickly melted away as a large grin erupted on my face. Our eyes met each other. His eyes were so intense full on intelligence and passion. I felt like I had know him for years! He directed me toward the house grabbing my arm and guiding me up his steps and into his house.

There I was. His place was small and very much looked like a bachelor Pad. I removed my coat and hat and sat down on a single chair. I noticed the Amazon Parrot in the room and spent some time getting to know him. He sat down on the couch and beckoned me to sit next to him so I could see the lap top screen as we searched for music to upload on my Zune. I conceded and we began to go through a lot of music. I had about 20 songs that I wanted to find. We were able to find some of them and then he proceeded to fill the file with music that he thought I would like labeling the file, "Becky's half boring hits". As he browsed through his music I looked at him and had a sudden urge to put my head on his shoulder. I fought that urge and resisted. After maybe 2 hours of listening to songs and uploading songs we said our goodbyes and I proceeded home.

Later on that week Curtis asked me why I had not put my head on his shoulder? I was astounded. "How did you know I had that desire that day?" He responded, "I just know things." Curtis and I said nothing regarding feelings that first day we met. But words were not necessary. We knew there was something special there. Happy two year anniversary my wonderful husband! I am glad that my destiny led me to you and I hope I am always deserving of your love.

2 comments:

  1. Did you hit him with a snow ball this morning, just for the memory? :D

    Such a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story Becky, thanks for sharing and I hope that you have many more Happy days and years together. I was also glad that I got to see you and meet him while I was out there last month.

    ReplyDelete