Monday, April 18, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Saturday the 16th was Curtis's Birthday and I decided to throw him a surprise party. Curtis does not like suprises. In fact not knowing what is going to happen or what he is going to get, drives him up a wall. But I on the other hand LOVE surprises and I especially love giving them. So all week long I did my best to keep everything from him. I prohibited anyone from contacting me via email so that Curtis would not stumble upon any of my plans. I was also careful not to charge anything to my card until the day of the party so he could not find any clues. All week long Curtis tried to get me to tell him my plans. But I held out (which is hard for me to do).

In the early evening our family drove to Mom and Dad Dudley's house. We dropped off the kids like we always do when going out on a date. Then I insisted that I should drive. Curtis LET ME! I never drive when Curtis is in the car so that was almost a bit strange. Then I started driving around trying to kill time until everyone was in place. When I got the text indicating things were ready, I made him close his eyes and drove to Classic Skating in Orem. So you may be asking, "Why would you have an adult party at a place that was dominated by Junior high kids?". Well Curtis worked at Classic as a DJ for years and LOVED the job. I knew he had not been skating for a long time and thought it would be fun. As we walked in, his friend Jake who had also worked there announced his entrance calling him by his name, "DJ Studley Dudley." Curtis was surprised that there were so many people there and we had a blast eating cake and brownies, skating, and socializing. Thanks to all that attended! Curtis had a blast. And thank you Curtis for letting me surprise you.

Some of the non-skaters. As soon as I dropped the kids off at Mom and Dad Dudley's, they got the kids back in their car and headed over.

My dad being cute as always. He is pretending to skate with "Little Doran" (that's what my Dad calls Jace.)

Curtis getting ready to blow the candles on his cake. I made him wear the hat:). Such a good sport!

Jeremy Dudley trying to teach Ashton to skate! Such a good Uncle! We love Jeremy.

Dad helping his little girl skate. Sage had an absolute blast and now wants skates of her own.


Curtis and Jake. The X DJ's. They were amazing DJ's back in the day. And Jake's DJ announcement as Curtis was coming in was priceless...

Curtis and Jason Dudley, brothers, and friends.

Becky and Curtis Dudley... So I have not been skating since high school... so I was flailing more then I was skating. Curtis on the other hand skates extremely well.

1 comment: