Thursday, September 27, 2012

Becky's Thought: Fall

It is Fall!!! Out of all the seasons Fall brings back more memories than Winter, Spring, and Summer combined. I love the Fall. The air is intoxicating. Its crisp, cool, and clear and you can literally smell the changes in nature that occur around you. The mountains light ablaze in amazing yellows, reds, and oranges and beckon to those who live in the valley to come and celebrate with them the arrival of Fall. My taste buds start to crave anything with allspice in it and a fresh apple to be picked off a tree is never too far. When I am outside I can close my eyes and just feel Fall wrap itself around me soothing any fear or worry that may be bothering me.

Not only does the Fall hit my senses but it also brings up many wonderful memories. Fall makes me think of the beginning of the school year. Being a gal who yearns to learn and LOVES school with a passion, these memories are joyful memories for me. The excitment of meeting my new teachers, getting my textbooks and supplies, and meeting new people flood back into my mind. I think of all the amazing people I have met through the educational system. The wonderful sense of accomplisment I would feel while at school. And then of course in the end Fall makes me miss school.

Fall seems to be my season of change which is appropriate since that is exactly what Fall does, it changes things. I became a single mom in the fall, I got to know my Curtis in the Fall, and I rediscovered who I am in the Fall. I also changed my train of thought and view on life in the Fall. Some of these changes bring brief moments of mind numbing pain but overall as the years pass I feel thankful for everything Fall ever brought me.

So all you out there who do not like the Fall simply because it means Winter is coming. Stop worrying about things you can not change and enjoy the brief moment of Fall while it lasts! Besides, Winter is not all that bad. Winter means hot chocolate, the silence of a fresh snow, the sound of winter birds, a blazing fire to cuddle up with your sweetheart, the holidays, and family. And Winter makes you even more grateful for that first flower that pops its head out of the ground as the ground starts to thaw.

Yay for seasons! Especially Fall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment